Saturday, November 10, 2007

Credo Mutwa and the History of Africa

“When the white men started destroying our religion; when he started demonizing our Gods; when he started ridiculing what we believed in, and actually using educated Africans to destroy that ancient African religion, in many parts of Africa, our ancient religion went underground. And there were, call them secret societies, all over Africa, south, east, west, north, where this knowledge was stored and kept by aging guardians, many of whom did not know that in other parts of the land there were other guardians who were doing exactly what they were doing.”

In this quote, Credo Mutwa, the last Zulu Shaman (also called Sanusi, or Sangoma) describes how he came to be initiated into the rites and ceremonies, the knowledge and wealth of information of authentic African history, culture, and civilization.

According to researcher David Icke, who has done much to give exposure to Credo Mutwa and his vast knowledge of authentic African history, there are only two Sangomas or Sanusis left in Africa. Credo Mutwa is one.

“[Credo] Mutwa is the official keeper of the history and knowledge of the Zulu people” says Icke. “The true version of history of the continent of Africa is dying. It’s being lost to the official nonsense we’re told is history.”

Winston Churchill said, “History is written by the victors.” That means the history of Africa was written by the white colonists.

In this quote, Credo Mutwa hints at the richness of the African civilizations decimated when the continent was colonized and pillaged of it’s wealth by the white European power elite – which continues to pillage Africa of all its wealth to this day:

“When I first became a Sangoma, I was already a person of education. I had entered school as a child of 14 years, and when I became a Sangoma, I was a youth of 16 years. What my aunt and my grandfather as well as my maternal grandmother told me shook me to the core of my soul.

“I found that the missionary schools had been teaching me lies about my people all along. Missionaries had told us as children that the only light came to Africa with the white people, that before the white men came we black people had no idea about God, we had no belief in a life after death and that our people were just a race of savages who used to lie around in the sun, womanize, fight, and drink beer everyday.

“I was suddenly awakened to the fact that Africans had been far greater intellectually than the missionaries were willing to give them credit for. That, like the white men, we had astrology, astronomy, we had surgery. In fact, I found that zulu surgeons in the early 19th century, the 18th century and even prior, could perform operations which white surgeons were not capable of performing.”

And the more I learned about my people, the more I wanted to learn. And when my initiation under my father and grandmother had ended, I wanted to learn more and more and more.”

“Our people need development, need peace, we are basically a peaceful people, we are not warlike. Don’t tell historians tell you a lot of rubbish. Africa is not perceived by people outside her as she really is. One, my people are Zulu’s – a tribe famous for warrior exploits for many years now. But wait, do you know sir that Zulu people actually hated war, and didn’t love it as historians [claim.]"

A continuation of this interview can be viewed on Google video (under "Reptilian Agenda") or by visiting David Icke's website, www.davidicke.com.

No comments: