Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Summing Up '09 -- Looking Forward to '10

The end of my 9 month spiritual journey has come. It started back in March. What did I learn/do this year? This year was a very good, very educational year. I spent 3 months listening to Manly P. Hall's lectures, I met Jason and Tracy -- two highly spiritual and very inspirational people. I read Blavatsky and Hall's work -- and together with John Gordon's books, and perhaps a dash of Robert Lawlor (that's all I can think of at the moment), put together what I've come to call a "do-it-yourself illumination kit." I discovered fish-head soup -- very restorative stuff -- and in the fall of this year I went off of "regular" meat and eat only Halal meat now (when it comes to meat, once you go blood-free, it's difficult and highly inadvisable to go back). I also discovered the aura of trees this year -- that was way back in ... April. I spent the entire summer under trees in the park near my house.

What does 2010 have in store? I'm living 9 months at a time because I have a feeling 9 months brings significant and inevitable changes, so why fight the flow? 2010, if I were to truly reveal my secret goals/desires is all about illumination -- not so much discovering the science, theology, and philosophy behind it (which is what I've been doing for the past 9 months), but the actual and practical experience of it. That's my new goal. I think it's an achievable goal because I think I have a very good idea as to how it's actually achieved. The only thing preventing me from achieving it in 2010 is my own karma, which I have no control over because my karma for this life is entirely dependent on my conduct in all my previous existences. I'm rather nervous about my new goal -- it involves letting go of the "Tony" incarnation, i.e., seeing it for the illusion that it really is, and, rather, using the Tony incarnation as a means to return to spiritual consciousness -- kind of like Dante stepped on the back of some beastly creature in order to get out of the Inferno.

No comments: