Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Plans for summer?

I realized on the weekend that I don't relax but am always under stress, tension. So, I made yet more subliminals, this time along the lines of "I have the capacity to relax." That was what lead me to rattlesnake point on Monday -- I wanted to follow the same trend all week, as the weather was nice, but the laborer at Mimac broke his finger and I'll be replacing him for at least two weeks, if I choose to work there that long. I had other plans but it's tough to turn down money.

I wonder if I'll ever get the chance to spend some time at rattlesnake point -- all week this would have been amazing. I bought a new sleeping bag -- a three season -- on the weekend. The thor bag was a bit too warm for spring, but the main reason I returned it was the loft was very uneven, i.e., some parts were well insulated, some parts not. I spent all afternoon on Sunday at MEC downtown, their spring gear was interesting. I'm interested in their waterproof gear mainly, because I expect the HAARP-ers to make it rain a lot this year, like they did last year. A pair of supremely comfortable water-proof shoes run at 130$ plus tax, a waterproof jacket for about 100$, and the water-proof pants, I'm not sure. The cheapest bivy bag is 150$ plus tax. That already runs to 400$, not including the waterproof socks that I also tried on.

There are several organic farms in Ontario taking volunteers, I still haven't contacted any of them -- I have to pay 45$ to join WWOOF.ca. Say, would you like to pay the fee so I can surf farms?

I'm considering getting a room to rent in Milton of all places because of the proximity to rattlesnake point. I spoke to one person renting a room in her house (living with her boyfriend) for 425 per month. Other than that, I haven't looked, but I'd like to be close to nature so I'm keen on going to Milton in June.

No comments: